Do Your Credit Staff Have the Knowledge and Skills to Ensure Success for your Credit Business?
Your best strategies, policies, processes and procedures count for little if your employees cannot execute them effectively and efficiently. Whether it is qualifying (and disqualifying) borrowers through financial and credit analysis or protecting your assets through structuring, monitoring, and early problem loan detection and response, your employees need specific knowledge and skills to support a healthy credit business.
I believe the best reason for deploying training is to boost the performance of your credit business. The most successful institutions I work with see training as one of several tools they can use to be more competitive, to enhance outcomes for the entire organization.
Common Training Needs
Are you facing any of these challenges?
- Execution lags behind strategy: Do credit staff need better knowledge and skills to achieve your goals?
- Application lags behind knowledge: Do employees have good "book knowledge" but fall short when it comes to applying it under current conditions, systems, and processes?
- Skills and knowledge lag behind change: Are your front lines operating on stuff they learned ages ago, while the credit industry has evolved significantly in recent years?
- Practices are inconsistent: Have you expanded your market and perhaps joined forces with other institutions, until there is no longer one consistent way of conducting your credit business?
I have trained every level from top management and boards of directors to front line officers, analysts, and support staff. I can provide training for every aspect of lending to businesses, from understanding the risks and impacts to analysis, structure, and problem loans. I've dealt with credit staff in banks, credit unions, and other entities that extend business credit (e.g., equipment dealerships).
To Learn More …
- See what training participants and clients have to say about me at my testimonials page. You might also want to look at my client list.
- Review my approach to assisting credit unions with member business lending.
- Explore some of my most popular topics for banking audiences.
- Become aware of delivery options that can make your training more convenient, more accessible, more effective.
- Learn about my themes and my style on the Test Drive tab.