SEE & HEAR ME
Take a Moment to "Meet" Me!
Sometimes it is nice to put a face and a voice with the name!
At least, that was how I felt when, for many years, I hired speakers and consultants for events at a large regional bank. Style and personality matter, and although there is a lot of information on this web site that can show you what I believe, how I feel about credit, what I think is important, you may find it helpful to "meet" me as I talk about some of these subjects.
On this page, I have collected some brief videos in which I talk about:
- Beliefs and principles that I have developed over decades of working with financial institutions and their trade associations. Some of these beliefs focus on my relationships with my clients, while others lay the foundation for a sound approach to credit.
- Previews of training activities: When I have an appearance at a conference, a bank school, a webinar, or a longer workshop, I sometimes create a video introduction to the topic that my clients can use to help promote the event. I've shared a couple of samples below.
Take a moment to get a feel for the style and viewpoint I will bring to your audience.
I've developed some beliefs on how credit should work, and on how I should work with clients in the credit business. One of the best ways to understand my perspective is to watch one or more of the following videos to:
- Understand the core beliefs I bring to every client relationship. See and hear where I am coming from when I come before your audience.
- Learn how I work to promote awareness of credit risk fundamentals and establish proper context for more detailed learning about risk management.
- See my approach to helping credit staff acquire the knowledge and skills needed to support business strategies and uphold standards and policy.
- Encourage development of the right culture and strong systems that are so important to your success as an institution.
As mentioned above, for some events, it is helpful for participants – or the managers who send them to training – to see what they will be getting if they sign up for a course. The videos below are examples of typical "preview" or "introduction" videos that can help participants decide if the course is for them … at the same time they help those who sponsor my appearance to promote the event.
- Essentials of Commercial Credit is a workshop that I present in various venues and formats. It is used at association events or as part of a broader curriculum, and typically requires a few days to complete. In this video, I describe the topics covered, the activities we pursue, and my approach to the subject. The standard version, as described, works for some clients, while others ask me to customize the training for greater impact.
- Pacific Coast Banking School: I have taught second-year classes at PCBS for many years. In this overview video, I not only explain what I cover, and some of the class activities, I discuss how this extends the training participants received in their first year at PCBS.
(By the way, if you decide to book me to appear at your event, why not contact me to discuss creating a short video, like the examples above, to use on your web site or in your e-mails?)