Make Sure your Employees Hit the Ground Running
Yet some clients recognize that together, we can do even more to enhance training outcomes by developing custom training reflecting your processes and practices, your organization, your market, your forms. It is a matter of competitive advantage: the faster your employees can apply what they learn, the faster they can boost productivity and give your institution the edge you seek.
Get There Faster
After training, what happens when participants return to their desks? Faced with the usual practices and paperwork, do they:
- Revert to old ways of doing things, the very ways you hoped training would change?
- Lose productivity while they figure out how the training is supposed to apply to their daily work?
- Smoothly take advantage of the training because it used their forms, processes and practices in the learning process?
Working to incorporate unique features of your institution and your market is a great way to make sure employees hit the ground running with their newly acquired skills and knowledge.
Training can also be customized to combine in-person and distance-learning approaches for the biggest bang for the least buck. See my Delivery Options page for more ideas.
Typical Custom Training projects
On the one hand, clients ask me to adapt my standard materials to reflect their unique perspectives. On the other, they regularly engage me to develop new material on specific subjects or combinations of topics.
What might you want in custom training?
- Training that reflects your specific practices, forms, policy, market, or conditions.
- Training integrated into an existing curriculum, smoothly fitting into a larger training program within your organization.
- Specialized courses to deal with specific situations or needs, courses that are not easily found in "off the shelf" products or in my existing catalog.
- An outside, expert voice to validate your message to your employees. Sometimes having an outsider reinforce your internal messages can add considerable impact to your communication efforts.
- Development of a larger curriculum, a more comprehensive approach to educating your staff in their roles, responsibilities, and required skills and knowledge.
Please contact me if you'd like to explore how custom work can enhance your results, and what it will take to get the job done.