Building a Better Credit Business
I bring together all the pieces you need to safely, profitably work with business customers
For successful business lending throughout the business cycle, tap into the breadth of experience I offer:
In decades of working with financial institutions, I've seen what makes winners and losers over multiple economic cycles. As a presenter, trainer, and consultant, I can help you smooth out the bumps in the economic roller coaster ride through:
Take A Test Drive!
Find out more about not only what I say, but how I say it. Start with these brief video clips to understand how I:
- bring my core beliefs to every client relationship to make sure we achieve your short-term and long-term goals.
- promote awareness of credit risk fundamentals and establish proper context for more detailed learning about risk management;
- share knowledge and skills and experience with credit staff, building focused skills to support business strategies, through presentations, training, and consulting;
- encourage the right culture and strong systems that are so important to your success as an institution.
While you're here, why not sample some of the nearly 200 articles I've published in my e-zine, Jeff's Thoughts? Go to my e-zine archive to read my ideas on a wide range of topics from risk management to customer service to the challenges faced by our industry.
It isn't enough to just know what I say in the classroom or the boardroom. You want to know that my themes, and my communication style, fit your own values, needs, and philosophy.
Please use the clips and articles throughout this web site to take a "test drive" of Jeff Judy!
- Fundamentals and Context: when staff lack a common understanding of safe and profitable credit practices, they create ugly surprises for your institution. A common starting point, based on the fundamentals of how businesses work, makes a huge difference in developing sound, profitable relationships. I know, from riding that roller coast several times, what goes into a solid foundation for a smoother ride.
- Knowledge and Skills: credit and borrower analysis, structuring and monitoring, portfolio and problem loan management all demand technical knowledge and skills. I educate employees and management to go beyond the basics to ensure better information gathering and better use of analysis results to capture business opportunities while managing risk. Leadership strategies and goals have maximum impact when the front lines have a rich understanding of how to use information to achieve desired results.
- Culture and Systems: credit staff and management sometimes drift off course from key leadership strategies as they struggle to keep up with the daily demands of business. Developing formal (systems) and informal (culture) tools to help you stay the course can make all the difference between thriving throughout the cycle and fighting for survival at the low points. And tight cultures enable more nimble responses to market shifts, while they support much better service to your business customers.
Can you afford to let your people learn how to cope with a changing business environment, to pursue the full range of potential business customers, through trial-and-error? Why let them make painful mistakes when they could learn from my years of experience with financial institutions? I share that experience:
- as a speaker and presenter at conferences and events sponsored by national, state, and regional trade associations. I set context, reinforce key principles, and raise awareness to ensure your participants get the most out of your events. And I work hard to make it easier for you to promote my appearance, whether through my press kit or through articles and media clips.
- as a trainer, facilitator, and curriculum developer for association workshops, individual in-bank programs, industry-wide webinars, and banking schools. My impact in the classroom is well known, as these testimonials will confirm.
- as a consultant on credit policy, culture issues, and portfolio risk management. I help individual institutions implement their values, standards, and strategies, to transform the leadership vision from an abstract concept to a sustained source of success.
- as an author, in trade publications and association magazines, and through my popular e-zine, Jeff's Thoughts. Let me raise the awareness of your readers of key challenges in managing credit.
You want someone not only with credit experience and knowledge, and great communication skills, you want to know that my principles around credit, and my standards for serving my clients, fit your needs. Check out my Core Beliefs to see how my principles, values, and style fit your own values and standards.
Or drop me a line with any questions.
You can also use the Search Box at the upper right corner of your screen to search for particular words throughout my entire site. This is a great way to find past articles that deal with topics of interest to you, as well as to find pages that best address your needs.